Main Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure a professional service is maintained at all times in compliance with Westfield Health & Wellbeing guidelines and objectives. These will include:
- To manage the studio timetable, ski simulator, bouldering wall and massage therapy services within the facility.
- Opening and turn down of wellness floor duties. To be fully responsible for cleaning and maintenance of all equipment, ensuring all NOP and EAP are adhered to.
- Ensure that all members have completed the HCS / TG app registration procedure and have received either an exercise programme or induction before using the Wellness floor.
- To perform fitness assessments as and when required.
- Provide personal training sessions within allocated shift pattern.
- Assist in formulating and delivering health/fitness related promotions that increase the knowledge, motivation, and awareness of all employees to a wide range of health issues as well as actively promoting usage levels.
- To teach onsite classes depending on qualifications as and when required.
- To manage the retail products within the facility. To order products when required.
- Member engagement – To conduct multiple engagement tools and offerings via the slack channel.
- Create, deliver and role model the wellbeing programme by facilitating staff initiatives through Westfield Health education programmes.
- Ensure all mobile/locum instructors are properly inducted so they are aware of systems and procedures that ensure the effective running of the centre during absence.
- To be responsible for proactively developing your knowledge, skills and understanding of issues relating to your role. To achieve this you will be expected to attend training courses and meetings as organised by Westfield Health & Wellbeing. From time to time these days will be organised outside of normal working hours.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out other such duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Values
We are looking for people to join our team who have the right level of experience and skills working in a corporate active space environment and can also demonstrate behaviours in line with our Values; The Westfield Way.
Education and Qualifications
- Level 3 PT / CIMSPA
- First Aid Cert
- Corporate Fitness
- 2-3 years Personal training
- Ability to build key stake holder relationships with client and members
- To deliver high level personal training sessions
- Ability to teach group-based classes
- Exposure to Microsoft
- Membership and booking management
- High level personal training abilities
- Client and member engagement
The Westfield Way
We are passionate about inspiring and empowering our colleagues to be the best we can be. We believe that our people are our strongest asset and by recruiting people that understand and live by our values; The Westfield Way, we aim to continue to provide an excellent experience for our colleagues and customers. Our commitment to creating a workplace where our colleagues feel connected, heard, developed, recognised and supported has been demonstrated by our achievement of the prestigious Investors in People Gold accreditation!
Our co-created Values reflect the ‘way we do things around here’. The Senior Active Spaces Coach will be expected to demonstrate these values in all aspects of their role.
- We care
- We’re in it together
- We are explorers
- We own it
To find out more about what makes up each of our Values, please see our website.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Company sick pay scheme after 6 months
- NEST pension
Westfield Health offers many benefits to our colleagues as part of your employment package. We believe that by treating our colleagues well, they will enjoy working with us - and happy colleagues makes happy customers; it’s a win-win!
Take advantage of our all‐inclusive internal wellbeing experience. We offer all colleagues free access to a number of wellbeing webinars and content.
Are you interested?
Part of the selection process will be a Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the Skills and Values required for this role.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience and values to carry out this role, please apply by submitting your CV and provide information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the role along with any other relevant supporting information.
Submit your CV and covering letter via email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com